These homemade chocolates are healthy as they contain only a handful of ingredients and are low in natural sugar which makes them a great alternative to shop bought chocolates and healthier for children to eat too.
- 1 cup of organic Cocoa Butter
- 3 heaped tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- 2-4 tablespoons of Maple Syrup or natural sweetener of choice
- 100% pure essential oils for flavour. I've used doTerra Wild Orange and Peppermint essential oils, but you can use any flavour. Some other ideas are: Rose, Ginger and Lime, Cardamon, Cinnamon
N.B. If you'd like to purchase 100% pure natural essential oils to use in and around your home, get in touch with me directly. Do not purchase essential oils directly from 3rd party internet sites such as Amazon, Etsy, Ebay etc as these are not doTerra approved products and may not be safe.
- Place the Cocoa Butter in a glass bowl and the glass bowl on a saucepan of hot water on a low heat
- When the Cocoa Butter is nearly all melted remove from the heat and onto a heatproof mat (the butter will still continue to melt a little).
- Add in the Cocoa Powder, you can add more or less powder to adjust for chocolate intensity
- Add in the Maple Syrup, again adjust for desired sweetness
- Mix together until the above 3 ingredients are well combined and the chocolate mix looks glossy
- Split half the chocolate mixture into another bowl
- Add 4 drops of Wild Orange essential to one bowl and mix, add 3 drops of Peppermint essential oil to the other bowl and mix.
- Pour the Chocolate flavoured mixtures into a mould
- Place chocolate filled moulds into the fridge for 3-4 hours or until solid.
- Once solid, remove chocolates from moulds and enjoy!!