Buckwheat is a seed making it wheat and gluten free, perfect for anyone with sensitives or allergies. I also like to use alternatives to cows milk as often as possible so this recipe is a favourite in our house.
Buckwheat flour is a great alternative to plain flour for baking, its one of my many pantry staples.
Even though I do not have a wheat or gluten allergy or intolerance, I regularly use Buckwheat flour for pancakes, sweet and savoury cookies and muffins etc.
- 1 and a 1/3 cups of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt or other salt of choice
- 1 cup of almond milk or other milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 8 ounces of frozen blueberries or other fresh/frozen berries of choice
- 12 paper muffins cases and muffin tray
- Preheat your oven to about 375f. Line your muffin tray with paper muffin cases
- Cream together milk, butter and eggs.
- Add in the buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until a smooth batter forms
- Fold in the blueberries slowly, do not mix the batter up too much.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases and bake for about 15-20mins or until cooked and golden in colour.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before eating!!
#buckwheatflour #glutenfree #wheatfree #almondmilk